GoKunming Forums

Running Club (Dianchi Lake) 8am every Sunday

Chicha78 (51 posts) • 0

Dear Fellow Kunminger,

I run ~10km most days and want to invite others to join me for a 2, 5 or 10km run around Dianchi Lake.

This is a fun run and a great way to stay fit and also meet others who are like minded. I am a nutritionist and also herbal medicine practitioner so we can swap remedies and sports nutrition tips.

We can make a few groups for beginners/ casual runners and another group that can keep pace of 6 mins/km (or 10km/hr speed) (my current relaxed run here at altitude).

No cost, just come and enjoy the morning air and sunshine together!

Hope to see you there,

Simon

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Hi Chicha

I am not a runner, but if I were it would be helpful to mention a meeting place and time. And some idea of how to recognise you.

Just a thought.

Chicha78 (51 posts) • 0

Hi tigertiger, thanks for your input. OK, I am tall, foreigner with black hair and wear a bright red t-shirt when running. Also I have bright yellow laces.

I normally start running from the Ximen bar/ cafe about 1km from the boom gate entry point (it is on the main road that runs along the foreshore area of Dianchi; Haigen Park).

It would be better if someone wants to come running they email first so I can think about whether they can keep up with my pace or we have to think about another group (slower runners/ walkers).

Any other questions and constructive comment please email/ respond.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Hi Chicha

Thanks for getting back.
Do we assume you are male, about 30?

Do we assume that 8am is when you start running, so meet up and warm up at 7.45?

Do you need to bring 10 RMB to get into the park, if on foot? Or is it free early in the morning? I mention cash as some people may want to run to the meet.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

I will be there Simon. I suggest we aim for 7:45 - will bring my bike and park it at the gate entrance.

The gate you are talking about (I believe, correct me if I am wrong) is marked as the Dianchi Haigeng Park Ticket Office and also North Gate on Google Maps. Its kind of in the middle of the long park at the end of Dianchi Lu. Its the main ticket office and has a bike parking area right next to it (1 kuai or something for as long as you want).

I believe we will need 10 RMB each to access the park - I have never known it to be free.

Its getting cold now, but that shouldn't deter us hardy runners!

I can keep to 6min/km pace no worries (well, last time I checked) but am glad to speed up/slow down, depending on how many we get :-)

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Hey Simon and everyone else:

Do you guys know if the "face lifting" of the park is in full swing? Just interested because if it is, tomorrows run might be a bit shorter than expected...

Simon you run down there all the time - are the roads/paths blocked?

MiaoMiao3333 (1 post) • 0

Interested in Running, but not clear how your arrangment is, nor how far your guys to run. If we are not catching your pace, what will we do ?
Thanks. Have a nice weekend !

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

MiaoMiao3333:

Meet at boom/north gate of Haigeng Park (淀池海埂公园)at 7:45-8am Sunday mornings. Bring 10 RMB for entry to the park.
If there are lots of people, 2 groups casual and speedy. Like Simon says 1km/6 minutes will put you in the fast group. If there aren't many people, we will probably just run to everyones pace!
Bring water, wear running gear and a smile! Most likely there will be (at least 2) foreigners standing around chatting @ 7:45.
Its getting cold so bring something warm to wear!

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Oh yeah MiaoMiao3333:

We will run 10km, but it could be shorter for those going slower! Will decide on the day depending on who makes an appearance probably.

Related forum threads

Login to post