GoKunming Forums

Coin Lockers in New Kunming Airport

asiafrenz (10 posts) • 0

Does anybody know if there are coin-lockers (especially big ones that can hold big luggage bag, say about 20" to 24") in the new Kunming Airport? If there is, would it be possible or safe to keep the bags in the locker for more than a week? If not, is there any other places where i can store a luggage bag for more than a week? Thanks much for any advice.

Natsymir (101 posts) • 0

You can store bags at The Hump Youth Hostel, and probably many other hostels and hotels in Kunming. If you are only willing to store the stuff at the airport itself though, I have no clue.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

I dont think you can get lockers in airports for security reasons.

In Beijing airport they did have a room with personnel to leave your bags at a ridiculous price of 300 rmb a day

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

The days of lockers in airports and bus stations is long gone. Leave a bag unattended at an airport or bus station and see what happens? The sick people who run the govt see a locker as a place to keep a bomb nowadays so they have all been removed.

For a fee, you can leave luggage at the Left Luggage Office.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

There is baggage storage near Gate A domestic arrivals at Changshui airport. They put your bag through a scanner and you need to register with your passport.

It costs 20 RMB for the first 24 hours then 10 rmb for each extra day.

asiafrenz (10 posts) • 0

Thanks to all for your advice, especially "Yuantongsi", it is definitely helpful to know i can leave my suitcase at the airport while i go on a leisure trip in yunnan.

blueice (73 posts) • 0

Be forewarned, there is a weird fee for leaving bags overnight in addition to the "24 hrs" fee (very strange, but I discovered it in person), so be prepared to pay at least 40 RMB per bag per night.

asiafrenz (10 posts) • 0

Hi "blueice", thank you for pointing out such undisclosed additional fees, this would mean i will be paying at least 400RMB for the 10days that i am planning to keep my suitcase at the airport baggage storage.

Anybody knew if there is a hostel or hotel near the main Kunming Railway station that can store bags for 10 days safely for a reasonable price?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Why not just ask if someone here can help you keep the luggage for you? Make a new friend. Maybe someone lives near.

Related forum threads

Login to post