GoKunming Forums

Visa advice needed! Just married a local!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Tonyaod That's what I meant. With the group not alone. Once she there she can meet up with her husband.

TICexpats (207 posts) • 0

Getting a tourist visa for a spouse is next to impossible ( visa fraud being the reason). Getting a spousal visa is hard, lots of paper work required.

" Candle for love" is a good website for assistance and support on this, or you can PM me as we did this and succeeded first time.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

@Liumingke1234, but she will have to follow the group. She would not be able to leave the group and travel by herself. Her husband would have to follow the group around and can only "visit" her in her hotel at night unless he is also in the same group.

Yeah, I saw the same thing. He's not in Kunming I guess. He just misses posting on GoKunming.

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

There aren't enough four letter words in the dictionary to express my burning hatred of US immigration policy. I endured 10 years of bullshit living in the US and being treated like human garbage by immigration officials (to be fair, the US government doesn't treat citizens much better). While I no longer live in the US (and don't plan on ever moving back), unfortunately my sister and parents do. I've been trying for five bloody years to have my Chinese wife visit my family for Christmas without success. My wife is equally pissed off and has vowed to never step foot in a US consulate/embassy again. My dream is for my parents to move to another country so I don't have to deal with this nonsense anymore.

I think some of the advice posted above would probably get your wife into the US providing you are willing and able to jump through all the hoops. They want to see bank accounts with lots of $$$$. As mentioned above, the U.S. gladly accepting hordes of illegal Mexicans and African warlords only rubs salt in the wound. I guess they figure people with good education aren't willing to do hard farm labour on a peasant's wage, and/or don't want to add competition for a dying middle class already ravaged by 30 years of unpatriotic outsourcing.

My advice is to just stay in China and be happy.

I agree. The USA is really not a good place anymore. It's not immigration friendly unless you're rich. I too would like to take my wife to meet my family but I don't plan on going to the USA because of the aforementioned reasons.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

In my experience, I pay money and I receive a product or a service. However, when you go to any US consulate, you pay through the nose and get nothing. Expenses for trasnportation, for filing fees and so on and in the end all you get is a SORRY. No explanations, no refund. In my book this is called stealing or a scam.

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

I am fortunate enough to have been born in Canada, and had ZERO problems getting my wife into the country as first a regular tourist and then as a permanent resident. I wasn't even a permanent resident of Canada at the time I applied for my wife's PR.

Even from Canada with PR she was still rejected entry to the US several times. This is not a problem for most Chinese nationals living in Canada. The problem stems from the fact that I am a also a US citizen, and that somehow proves I intend to smuggle my wife into the country illegally...because after all, the healthcare and social services in the US are just SO much better than in Canada...NOT!

Related forum threads

Login to post