GoKunming Forums

Olympics

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Does anyone know when the CCTV5 coverage of the Opening Ceremony starts? Website schedules seem to vary between 2.30am, 3.12am and 4am!?

TICexpats (207 posts) • 0

its on now, and if you like Pink Floyd, the sex pistols and mr Bean, abide by thee your sorted.

but if not a old Brit, you will no idea whats going on

be warned its awful and embarrassing to watch if your a Brit

Thanks. I caught it. I'm a Brit and I thought the first half was quirky and, dare I say it, quite enjoyable. It dragged towards the end, for sure.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

Very British.
It did show how much of a contribution to music has been made by such a tiny state.
Mr Bean was there. The queen parachuted in with 007. Eccentric fun.

debaser (647 posts) • 0

anyone got a link to a streaming video of the opening ceremony? can only find clips at the moment. got a torrent on download but it will take days at this speed!

Chinese 16-year old female swimmer takes 5 seconds off her best time, breaks the world record, swims faster in the last 50m than the men did, and wins gold. Wow... almost too good to be true...?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

Doping has already been suggested as a possible reason by John Leonard, the executive director of the World Swimming Coaches Association.
"Any time someone has looked like superwoman in the history of our sport they have later been found guilty of doping".

Ye was more than seven seconds faster in the 400m individual medley than she had been in the equivalent race of the World Championships last year.

aaronb (54 posts) • 0

If I was British I would be right sickened by the London games. They were told it would be a public-private partnership, cost 3 Billion, and benefit the average working stiff. In the end it will cost up to 20 billion, is 80-90% paid for by the public (who can't afford to actually attend it), and will benefit a few global corporate giants.

I'm British, and I don't feel sickened in the least by the Olympics. Of course costs overran - they always do. To put on this sort of show amidst an economic recession was always going to be hard, but so far so impressive. And with 3 million attendess in the last 4 days alone, it seems there are plenty of people who can afford to see it live. I wish I were there to join in the excitement. More sickening is the public money spent on baling out the financial sector over the last year or so. But that's not solely a British problem at all.

Related forum threads

Login to post