GoKunming Forums

Metro?

crazy.laowai (242 posts) • 0

I can get to the center of town and back on my scooter on one charge, no problem. Do you think I could make it to Metro too, or is it far out north?

crazy.laowai (242 posts) • 0

Liumingke I did not know about the Metro card...thanks for the tip!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I am giving information where it is being asked and I feel I can answer. Nobody is playing anybody. Anyone who's new to Kunming can use this information as well, not only crazy.laowai.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Metro is pretty far north. I don't think your scooter would make it there and back.

It is real handy to have your scooter there, as you will see lots of foreign goodies to buy...well actually just lots of booze.

So I would just eat or lounge around somewhere after shopping at Metro at a place that will let you plug in to charge your scooter.

You don't need any card or membership number now, or passport even. Already a long thread on it.

www.gokunming.com/en/forums/thread/5943/metro_membership

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

The K1 bus on Beijing Lu has been renamed. It is now route 236.

When did Metro stop requiring a membership card? We were there just two weeks ago and you couldn't even get IN the store without a card!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Right. I forgot that they change the K1 to 236. My wife and I went there recently and she forgot her card so they gave her a paper that had a number. We presented it to the cashier and it was not a problem. So maybe that is something new that they have started.

Related forum threads

Login to post