GoKunming Forums

Please may somebody help me to get Studient Visa in Kunming?

Hastaelputomonyo (7 posts) • 0

Hi everybody
I'm trying to have information about student visa
I heard that in Kunming one year's studient visa is 3000 RMB
I'm interested in kunming settle in and get this visa, but can not find the office that makes it
Any user's of this forum response would be appreciate
Thanks
gabideaysa@gmail.com

Yuanyangren thanks for your reply
So you mean I have to pay the matricule for one semester (X RMB), and then I can get this one year visa (3000 RMB)?

Yuanyangren thanks for your reply
So you mean I have to pay the matricule for one semester (X RMB), and then I can get this one year visa (3000 RMB)?

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

The visa is actually relatively cheap. Last time I checked a 1 year visa was about 800 RMB. Most schools charge about 3,000 to 4,000 RMB per semester. So one year of classes plus visa will cost about 6,800 to 8,800 RMB.

Most schools require about 10 hours of classes each week.

CROwai (4 posts) • 0

As others already said you just apply to study at some of Kunmings University and the you get the residance permit for a duration of the studies.

Just to inform you that usualy schools will require you to attend class, if you pay but you dont attend the classes they will cancel your visa (at least YNNU dose so !) so be carefull.

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

CROwai are you sure? I don't really think they care. They only care about the money. I know plenty of students, including YNNU "students" that have signed up for classes but barely attend any. Many of the Thai students there this year don't attend much class at all, instead they drink at night, then sleep until 1 or 2pm (all classes are in the morning). I know exactly who these "students" are, though they shall remain nameless of course, haha.

Natsymir (101 posts) • 0

I'm not absolutely sure, but it seems one person in my class at YNNU got his/her visa cancelled because he/she never attended class...

CROwai (4 posts) • 0

Yuanyangren i cannot say im 100% sure because it didnt happen to me, but i know for cases in this semestar when students were sent to the Dean office an threaten that if they dont begin to go on classes they visa will be canceled. And yes this cases i know of are Thai students, but also i know for one guy from Sveden who payed the tution fee and never showed up, they told him "No metter you pay yourself and you dont have schoolarship, if you dont attend the class we will cancel your visa"....I have heard that last semestars some students from Thailand and Vietnam were sent home indeed.. I dont know for other universitys but it seems like YNNU take this pretty seriously

Related forum threads

Login to post