GoKunming Forums

Yunnan hiking

noborders (3 posts) • 0

Hello,

In April, I would like to spend two weeks in Yunnan countryside, planning to visit some unspoilt, non-touristy spots on the way. In particular, I would like to do some hiking in and around Ailaoshan and Wuliangshan Natural Reserves near Jingdong. As I do not want to break any regulations concerning protected areas, I would like to ask if it is possible to access them freely and move around just on my own. Or do I need to arrange some kind of a permit/guide (not preferred option)?

Can you please advice? Thanks a lot.

gavintiger8 (2 posts) • 0

It's a good choice, I suggest you can rent a car and a guide with you would be better beacuse it is a unusual tour line like Ailaoshan and Wuliangshan.

baiyuxiang (111 posts) • 0

I hiked Wuliangshan some years ago with a Chinese hiking club, but have heard that the particular route we took (up to the peak of Maotou Shan) is now closed. Sorry I can't give more detailed information on the current situation, but I would advise you to find out ahead of time in order to avoid disappointment in the mountains (which are beautiful!).

noborders (3 posts) • 0

Thank you baiyuxiang. Maotou Shan is also on my wishlist, it's pity to hear that the route is closed. Could you please advise who should I contact to find out more?

Related forum threads

Login to post