GoKunming Forums

Myanmar Consulate

kangshimeng (1 post) • 0

Hello,

I am living in Chengdu currently and will be travelling around for the next 2 months. I will be in Kunming around the middle of January and am very interested in going onwards to Myanmar. From the pictures of the visa forms on this website it seems as if I can acquire a tourist visa in just one day, which is great news. Thoough can anyone tell me if and when the Myanmar consulate of kunming closes during Chinese New Year? I cannot seem to find a working phone number. Also, if anyone has any experience with travelling in Myanmar I would really appreciate any tips. Thank you.

sanyiseul (104 posts) • 0

They will be closed during Chinese New Year.

Also, they do not issue tourist visas in one day. Last time I went they told me 5 woking days. But they managed to give it to me in 3 days.

jbsindali (5 posts) • 0

Mind if i add a question? haha

... I read on the review that you need to show your flight tickets..but what if you wanted to just go down to ruili and cross over there.. is that possible or can you only fly into burma?

jbsindali (5 posts) • 0

... i do realise you'd still have to get the visa in kunming as when we were in ruili they told us we could cross there but couln't get the visa there, must be done in KM..but i dunno if that's changed

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

I wouldn't try crossing over land. I went to another border crossing last month and foreigners were not allowed to enter Burma there. The guards were very chatty (slow day I guess) and advised us to get the visa in Kunming and fly to Burma from there. When asked about the Ruili crossing they said I could try but it got closed down somewhat arbitrarily from time to time and I couldn't count on being allowed to enter. Still needed to get a visa in Kunming anyhow. Chinese nationals do not need a visa to go to Burma, just a permission slip from the PSB.

Rose27 (2 posts) • 0

I am heading to the Visa office tomorrow and have just called them. The visa takes 4 days to process in Kunming and is 180RMB. You need to bring two passport photos, a passport copy and of course your passport. The number for the visa office is (871)8162810 (English speaking number for foriegners) and they are very helpful with any questions you have. Hope this helps.

sanyiseul (104 posts) • 0

Also important to know: The passport photos need to have a white background!

Related forum threads

Login to post