GoKunming Forums

PATERNITY TESTING

December (1 post) • 0

Which hospitals in Kunming provide Paternity testing/ DNA testing to ascertain for certain if someone is the father of a newly born baby?

What is required to do the test?

Are there any legal matters that need to be sorted out before i can request a paternity test?

Thanks for any advice....

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

From a legal stand point, this is China, paternity and child support laws are almost non-existent. In addition, before a women can give birth, they need to acquire a "Birthing Permit" other wise the State does not recognize any rights for that baby, in a word, they don't exist according to the State. In order to obtain a birthing permit, they need a variety of documents one of which is a marriage certificate.

If you are not married to this women then you have zero responsibilities and just ignore her and move to another town.

However, from a moral stand point, if you've been screwing around with her and there is a possibility it might be yours, you should find out if it is really yours and take responsibility. I believe there is a government agencies that provides DNA testing for the courts and it would be best to go through them, although I don't know where such an agency is located.

Good luck

Related forum threads

Login to post