GoKunming Forums

Anybody seen live/active yoghurt?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I want to make my own yoghurt but need some live/active yogurt to start the ball rolling, so to speak.

Does anybody know where I can get some?

sanyiseul (104 posts) • 0

Yes, there is a small home shop behind Walmart Xiao Xie Min. Known as the "baking shop".

They have what you need!
Call them for directions to get to their place 13668779580. Hard to find them for the first time :-)

tim7175 (20 posts) • 0

you can get "live" yoghurt at any dairy vendor. Just make sure it has "Lactobacillus Bulgaricus" on the label.

BarbaraBarbara (63 posts) • 0

We, at Slice of Heaven, bought some super thick Australian Yoplait at 60+ kuai a litre! to use as a starter for yoghurt. It contains S. Thermophilus L. acidophilus and Bifodobacterium and no gelatine (yew!). We use NZ UHT milk to make the yoghurt. It's unsweetened and has a great flavour. We make it for our breakfasts and baking. You're welcome to buy some to eat or to use as your own starter.

BarbaraBarbara (63 posts) • 0

Tigertiger, I don't know what KIA is. We're at 168 Hong Shan Dong Lu. If you can't be bothered hauling all the way out to Bei Chien for a litre of imported yoghurt ours is every bit as good. Thick, creamy and made from New Zealand milk with the expensive stuff used as a starter.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Are there other places that sell them?

I went to Slice of Heaven earlier this week and they didn't know when they would be making their new batch. Metro only had fruit flavoured ones.

Related forum threads

Login to post