GoKunming Forums

Myanmar (Burmese) Restaurant in Kunming

ewinkz (8 posts) • 0

Although border with Myanmar as well as direct flights between, cannot find any Myanmar restaurant in Kunming. Any info input, highly appreciated.

ewinkz (8 posts) • 0

Thanks Matthew,

Wa would be quite differ, Dai has much related to. I am looking for Burmese tipical curry and such, but not go up to Indian curry types.

lucybm (21 posts) • 0

I found a great Myanmar Restaurant (kind of my secret actually) but it's off Guang Fu Lu, in the Lao Jie there. Take a walk down the 'Local Flavours' walkway and you'll see it.

ewinkz (8 posts) • 0

Hi Lucybm,

I searched Guang Fu Lu in Google Map, quite a long road and couldn't find Lao Jie. Would you give me more specific location please? My limited Chinese is not really helpful to communicate well in giving direction to Taxi drivers.:)

lucybm (21 posts) • 0

It's called Ah Bohs

Go here- cross the road (over the little bridge).

Room 903 of Kunming News Center, Danxia Road, Kunming, Yunnan, China

You will see an old street. Walk down the middle until you come to a road within old street. Turn Right until you see a food place (lots of food places cant miss it) go down 'Foreign Foods street'. There's Ah Bohs with English signage and friendly faces.

Not a huge menu but its good. and BEST mango drinks ever, super thick and tasty with real mangos. Only 8rmb

ewinkz (8 posts) • 0

Thanks. We just been there for late lunch this afternoon. Friendly people. Fresh coconut and mango juice. Food, more Shan food (Dai/Tai). Spoken to a Myanmar man there who came from central Myanmar area. They have biger restaurant in Bao Shan with the name Shweli-Muse (Ruili-Muse, border towns) as well.

Related forum threads

Login to post