GoKunming Forums

How to apply for a Chinese scholarship?!

Debby (17 posts) • 0

Hi there,

I want to go to a University here in Kunming, to study Chinese in the beginning of 2012. I hear a lot of stories about people who get a scholarship and don't have to pay anything. Some people get there term payd and get some extra money aswell.

How and where can I apply for such a scholarship?

Cheers!

ritta (26 posts) • 0

how to say, it is very hard and complicated for a students to get scholarship in China. i think. cuz it needs many many certificates according to the kind of scholareship you apply. and most of the students must be excellent in their study. the opportunities are slim.

Debby (17 posts) • 0

Thanks for the website!

@ onlyone: do you have a scholarship or do you study at a Uni here? I am a little worried that only ''excellent'' students get a scholarship.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@debby
For foreign and overseas chinese students - there's this thing loosely called the Confucius Scholarship - it pays all your tuition and also provides a monthly stipend - for learning chinese (and it's culture). It has age range cutoffs (over 49 yo is ineligible - I forgot the minimum age requirement).

If you absolutely positively cannot find info on this (I think I saw something on gokm a few years back - so try a gokm search) - then contact me (PM) and I'll ask some univ buddies about it and see if I can dig up the forms or better - the website...but I'm positive I saw a blurb about this on THIS website.

Debby (17 posts) • 0

@ laotou

Thanks a lot! I think I found the website of Confucius Institute. The only problem is I can't speak Chinese, I mean I can get by on the street, but basic knowledge of the Chinese languages?! Not sure! We'll see.

Thanks again!

onlyone (156 posts) • 0

Hello Debby,

Yes i do had a scholarship before .The age limitation became 35 years now .You must have HSK Exam(new one) and least level 2 with 120 score .You also need to be recommended by accepting institution.

rajesh (2 posts) • 0

hi,

l am 37yrs male from Kathmandu,Nepal.l have recently been to Kunming and so impressed by the people and place that l want to be there forever.My purpose for Kunming was business and saw lots of prospective.Language is the only hindrence l find,so l thought to study Chinese Language in Kunming.ln that way l can learn the language and come to know yours rich culture.Help me to find chinese language school where l can study in scholarship.

onlyone (156 posts) • 0

Hello Rajesh,

I am afraid to say that the new regulations for Confucius institution scholarship limited the age under 35 years,and the apply for the scholar ship is just once a year in April of May in case they changed the limitation next year .You must study in your own in the nearest Confucius institution in your hometown before applying to the scholarship .Still there are many schools can accept you as a student if you paid by your self .

rajesh (2 posts) • 0

hey

thanks for d info. l truely appreaciate a lot.Do me a favor, l am really interested in learning Chinese, so if you can find a very inexpensive school to learn chinese in Kunming, l will be humbled with yrs kind support.Looking forward for yrs suggestion and information.

Related forum threads

Login to post