GoKunming Forums

Golf in Kunming

Marco Polo (19 posts) • 0

Just checked out the Kunming Stadium. They have the driving range set up inside the main arena itself. It starts at 18:00 every day and ends at 23:00. The price is 20 kuai. It appears this includes a basket of balls (about 30 balls in a basket) and the hire of an iron. Didn't seem to be a time limit, and it may include more than one bucket of balls, but my Chinese is atrocious.
I'd like to have a go at it, but I'm really a beginner. If there is anyone out there that speaks English who could join me there and give me a few tips on how to swing at those balls, I would more than happy to pay for them, and buy them a drink.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Marco. Swing, make any kind of contact with the ball, curse a bit, take another swing, miss ball, throw club, head for the bar. No need to thank me. It's how we all began.

j.oat (3 posts) • 0

Thanks for all the info. I think ill probably stick to the ranges for the most part.

Are there any good places to buy clubs?

flower 01 (4 posts) • 0

there is a very good shop selling golf clubs in front of Tuodong Sport Stadium, called eagle or something, they had a pretty good range of golf clubs and other staff.

RooDog (1 post) • 0

The expo garden golf driving range is nice, trees all around, it cost me 300rmb as deposit on 2 clubs as i don't have a set here, the driver 200rmb and a 6 iron for 100rmb. so just gave 300rmb they returned 190rmb, so club hire was 30rmb and 100 balls is 80rmb.

Xiaodoudou (7 posts) • 0

Looking for a partner to practice driving ranges and 18 holes golf at Kunming Sunshine Golf Course. Any one interested?

Xiaodoudou (7 posts) • 0

阳光高尔夫( Sunshine Golf) in Bei Shi Qu ( North part of the City ) has one. We can rent the clubs. Contact me if you are interested: wang@haibo.ca

Related forum threads

Login to post