GoKunming Forums

get married need suit

moondog (15 posts) • 0

hello i am getting married in kunming at 27 mei now i need to buy a suit but i am a little bigger tham most chinees man.lenght 196 weight 88 kg and shoes size 48 does anybody know where to buy the bigger size suits thanks

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

moondog
You're not bigger than most - just in Kunming. Shandong men can grow to the size of respectable redwoods. Solid line-backer sizes...

But...as tigertiger recommended - go custom OR if you've got the bucks - go to the namebrand stores (Jinde ... nuts forgot the english name). THey have ferragamo, duPont, and there's a new Zara store for knock off armani shiny suits, ermanagildo z...whathisname ...if you want something that will LAST with GOOD QUALITY. They USUALLY have custom tailors at the stores (or probably outsource nearby for KM).

If you have the time and inclination - you can go to Beijing's silk street - they have amazing knock-offs. Or a quick trip to HK or Zhuhai/guangdong if you're afraid of horizonal pinstripe suits, too small dysfunctional pockets (where the tailor "neglected" to include the pocket liners to save ¥1). Make sure the tailored or off the rack pants have a special sticky-thing liner on the inside waistband - that will help keep your shirt tucked in.

Congrats on finding your pearl. Wish you ten thousand lifetimes of happiness and bliss and happy healthy bouncy children!

Related forum threads

Login to post