GoKunming Forums

Samsung vs Anycall

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

Actually Anycall is just the Samsung brand name for mobile phones in Asia. It has nothing to do with the radio technology inside or the network they have a partnership with. I've had Anycall branded phones that were GSM and WCDMA in the past.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Anycall

Just check the specifications clearly before you buy.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Calle
Not sure if you'll have this problem with the domestic brands - but we bought a dopod (HTC) back in 2006 (it still works!), but the CHinese brand could NOT convert to english menus.

SO, before you buy - go to the china mobile or whatever store and TEST the phone BEFORE you buy - just to make sure the key feature - english menus - is possible.

The Dopod sales liar assured me the phone could convert to english menus - I had him try to demonstrate on a REAL phone (not the fake counter types). After several attempts, he conceded the dopod would not, but the HTC can - so I bought the dopod with my eyes open - but in retrospect regret not getting the HTC version - the dopod was identical except the wifi was yanked out.

So, also test the WIFI and if possible the 3G DATA - test all the primary features on a live phone. ¥3k is 1-2 months salary in Kunming - so don't be afraid - if they don't wanna - go to the next store - it's HIGHLY competitive.

Related forum threads

Login to post