GoKunming Forums

Driver's license test materials

littlepoem (4 posts) • 0

oh... and to confirm, the test is 100 random generated questions from a database of 1000. And if you pass you can get your license on the same day for 10yuan. AND if you do the test in the morning and hit the lunch hour before your 2nd try there is a cafeteria where you can have a chinese meal, cuz you are kinda out in the middle of nowhere without a car = )

Asanee (117 posts) • 0

This post is a bit old so maybe information accurate in 2007 has changed by now, but apparently they don't care about the type of visa you have (at least not in Kunming). Yes, I got my license with just a tourist visa (although it was in the process of being converted to another type of visa), but at the time I only had a photocopy of my tourist visa with me, that showed an expiry date 3 weeks later.

Also, temporary Chinese licenses are issued to foreign tourists who wish to drive in China since they do not recognize international driving permits (IDPs) here, nor do they recognize foreign licenses, not even those from neighboring countries.

cerf-volant (5 posts) • 0

Hi,

Is it still possible, in Kunming, to get a Chinese driving licence while having only a 60 day tourist visa ? In Chengdu a 90 day visa is required.
Many thanks to whoever could provide an accurate and prompt answer.
BTW, nearly all the questions/answers of the new 2013 driving test are, in good enough English available on the web at
www.chinese-driving-test.com

Related forum threads

Login to post