GoKunming Forums

Shipping Companies

piers (144 posts) • 0

I'm looking to shift my stuff from Kunming to Hong Kong and am looking for a reliable company to arrange door-to-door shipping.

Does anybody know of any shipping/freight companies?

Cheers.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

We used Asian Express to move us from a tier 3 city to Kunming. Even though they have not presence in Kunming, they will move you.

Asian Express is a removals company that does international. They are very professional and what is more, responsible. In a previous move they mislaid something (non valuable) and actually checked all the links of the route and recovered it about 3 days later. Asian Express is double the price of hiring a local crew. A 1000km move with 30cu.m cost us about 25k RMB.

We used a local company when we moved from Shenzhen. Really just a guy with a truck and labourers. They lost boxes and really did not give a flying fig. I am sure stuff was stolen and the boss may have been part of it. We also had to arrange our own unloaders at the other end.

We have used Asian Express twice now and would definitely use them again. It is worth the extra money for the peace of mind.

andy ge (6 posts) • 0

you could ask your Chinese friends call 114, and they will tell you express companies could ship package for you from Kunming to HongKong.

ulifix (2 posts) • 0

Hi, i looking for a shipping company, i have to shipping a parcel or a box 20 Kilo to Germany door to door.
Is there any company here in Kunming, they can do it? ulifix on wechat
Thx

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

For a 20kg parcel just use the Post Office. Inexpensive, reliable, though not fast (up to ±3 months surface mail) there are air options available. I guess shipping 20kg to Germany should be roughly 200-1000 depending on speed, <500 would be surface mail.

Related forum threads

Login to post