Keats School

GoKunming Forums

Teacher Meet Up?

TeacherAshley (21 posts) • 0

Maybe I'm just new here and don't know about an event, but I haven't seen any sort of foreign teachers association/group here.

I personally think that something like this would be really great: new teachers could get advice on class management and lesson plans, older teachers could pass on their wisdom and make friends, and we could all benefit from sharing resources, a sense of community, and networking opportunities, especially in a country that revolves around relationships like China!

So, is anyone else interested in this? Maybe we could meet once and if it goes well, make it a monthly gathering.

John Xie (109 posts) • 0

its a very good creative idea. even though I'm not in the expart teaching circle. but I second it. it would give a sence that we are not fighting (working) alone. I'm a Chinese. I will be honored if I could be invited to such a gathering. I will definitely offer some feedbacks on language teaching and learning from a slightly diffrent perspective.

TeacherAshley (21 posts) • 0

John,

Of course you're welcome to join us! You're right, it would be great to have some different perspectives.

Why don't we plan to meet January 25 at Vintage Cafe — they have a lot of space and some really fun drinks/snacks everyone might enjoy. Would that work for you, Tony and John?

John Xie (109 posts) • 0

HI Ashely
January 25 is too long a time. anyway I think it would work for me. what I'm a little disappointed is very few people respond to this thread. far below my expectation. so I don't know how many people would realy join in to set up such a circle. but I would back you up.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Sorry I didn't respond sooner as the post was buried and I didn't see it till now. I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to make it, I have a flight to catch that day to start my Spring festival holiday. If it can arranged for another earlier time than I should be about to attend. Also, I think maybe we should set some kind of agenda, that way we have a focus and thus prevent awkward silences and break the ice a little.

Login to post