GoKunming Forums

Where's the dank food at?

Dinkus (8 posts) • 0

There are some really amazing restaurants in Kunming, but not many listed on this website...thought i'd start a forum inviting everyone to please spread the knowledge. I'll throw in a couple places that I think make the grade:

城市花园咖啡店(吴井路店)-Cheng Shi Hua Yuan Ka Fei Dian (wu jing lu dian)
Tel#3115999
This place is by far the best Thai hotpot joint I've found in KMG—don't be fooled by the name and the crap western dishes they offer, the seafood hotpot with the suanlatang guodi and thai dipping sauce is where it's at. Make reservations or be prepared to wait a while during peak dinner hrs.

年轮菜馆 #144新闻路 Nian Lun Cai Guan #144 Xin Wen Lu
This place has a few locations, including the one above right in Kundu, and excllent Yunnan dishes. The whole rack of ribs, mashed taters, cold beef with peppers, gan guo wa wa cai, tater balls, and the liang ban tong hao are definetly a shot.

Anybody know of a place to get good kao quan yang....the whole roast goat on a spit?

chris (144 posts) • 0

There are two places to get whole roast goat that I'm aware of... both are off of the road heading from Huangtupo up to the Bamboo Temple. The first one on your way uphill also has whole roast chickens, rabbits, and even dog, I believe.

Bernie (101 posts) • 0

@Dinkus: There are many restaurants on this Website. Nevertheless, more would be welcome. Therefore, why don't you spend a moment going to the 'Restaurants' page and placing your "amazing" finds there.

Dan Siekman (102 posts) • 0

The GoKunming listings are free and we're more than happy to add any restaurants that people want to send us through our contact form—updated contact information and restaurant closures are most welcome as well.

We also like it when people review the places they've visited so that other people can learn about great restaurant discoveries.

I've added the two restaurants mentioned above:
www.gokunming.com/en/listings/item/che_32630/
www.gokunming.com/en/listings/item/nia_32631/

The place that Chris referenced for whole roast goat is here: www.gokunming.com/en/listings/item/san_32629/

The general food and drink page is located here: www.gokunming.com/en/listings/itemlist/kunming/food_and_drink/

Dinkus (8 posts) • 0

Thanks Chris. @Bernie thanks for your "informative" information. I apologize if I offended your "netizen" sensibility.

Related forum threads

Login to post