GoKunming Forums

Archery? Ice Skating?

NashPreds (7 posts) • 0

I've been DYING to find locations to do some Archery in Yunnan.
I've searched high and low, and it's tough. Anyone know where one can find such a venue for practice within Kunming? (Equipment is secondary)

Also, I miss ice skating. [PLEASE do not tell me it's on Nanping lu, or it's on under the "Golden Horse" door in downtown... I have had many tell me that and that's a roller rink (yes, it says ice rink, but no).]

Thanks if you can help and see you there too!

McAron (4 posts) • 0

you're in the wrong city dude. they ice skate for free on the streets & rivers now in helongjiang ;)
however there is an indoors ice skating arena in Zheng Yi mall on the last floor. you better be good at going through traffic, ... with the skates. :)

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Ice skating - Dianchi inside the sports complex. Badminton, swimming, etc also available.

NashPreds (7 posts) • 0

Thanks laotou, i'll try that and confirm if it's year-round or seasonal.
@McAron: Ha! I'll do that if im there, but Im here now. =)

Any luch on Archery locations..? Google and Baidu are showing random places, I'll have to traverse them soon.

NashPreds (7 posts) • 0

Hey! Found some. If you want an ice rink for hockey and the sorts, it's at Hongta Ice Rink. It's relatively far from Kunming, and pricey too (almost north american priced!), but gives a great view of Dianchi Lake.

ALTERNATIVELY, there IS an ice rink in downtown Kunming. This is largely unknown and quiet, as there's too many things going on. Know the Me & City apparel store? Follow the street to the left of it and you'll eventually see a McDonalds. Walk further on to the "B" building, and you'd have to go to the top floor to find the ice rink! 冰馆, it's all in Chinese, so you'll have to use you're chinese to navigate if lost (again, many do not know)

=)
email me at madarwin@gmail.com if you need help, as I explore kunming more and more.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Nashpreds
Did you ever find your archery venue? I was wondering if I could import my archery rig over here and maybe set up some field archery hay bails (archery golf? a la frisbee golf?). Been too lazy to go ask the police and immigration guys...

Related forum threads

Login to post