GoKunming Forums

Why does Wenhua Xiang pong?

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

There's this sharp chemical smell that seems to descend over at least the area around Wenhua Xiang and Tianjundian Xiang every few weeks or so—including right now.

It makes me feel a sorta lightheaded. The weather says the wind is currently coming out the east/northeast, which is the opposite of the usual. Any ideas about what this is? Anybody else experienced it?

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Dan
It's probably a factory venting toxics. If you can find it - you can try to report it - but do it quietly cuz if they find out it's you - you'll probably get harassed or receive prolific death threats. Other options are try to get CCTV or local Kunming TV to investigate - hide your identity.

As you know - there are loose rules about manufacturing and whatnot in populated areas - but Chinese and especially Kunmingers are rather opportunistic.

Krismoonpie (80 posts) • 0

I was walking through YunDa in the last couple of days and smelled a very strong odor of chemical fertilizer. Smelled just like roundup or something like that. It got stronger and stronger until I finally caught up with a small vehicle that was moving along spraying the plants on campus. The smell was so strong it definitely leaked out into the area in question. You think that could be it?

Related forum threads

Login to post