GoKunming Forums

Indian Visa

smroe (1 post) • 0

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience attempting to get an Indian visa in Kunming? I'm an American who will be traveling through Kunming in August, and am wondering about getting the visa in Kunming versus somewhere else on my travels.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers!

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

to the best of my knowledge, there's still no Indian consular representation in Kunming. after direct flights to India started, i believe Chinese officials made a request to Indian officials that a consulate be opened here, so something may be in the works.

i think your options are Hong Kong, Chengdu and Shanghai. depends on your itinerary - i'm told that many nations can get visa-on-arrival in Nepal, and then apply the Indian visa in Kathmandu. there are direct Kunming-Kathmandu flights, so this may be an option if you are heading to Northern India.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Found out that China Eastern is the carrier doing the KM-Kath route but on their website they seemingly have no flights (searched on all 7 days of the week) on the Chinese site since the English version naturally was useless as usual when it comes to Chinese airlines. 2 of the world's largest travel sites showed that it is in fact China Eastern. Oh well,, I am sure they would have given me the foreigner price online anyway.

no way (104 posts) • 0

there's an indian consulate in guangzhou. sadly
(18 months ago) they did not allow agents to
apply for visas, nor did they accept mail. you
must go in person for the 20-minutes of filling

in forms. your passport will be dhl'd back to you.

bochi (11 posts) • 0

The closest place from Kunming to get an India visa is Hanoi. You can get there by bus and train. The India consulate there is friendly and helpful. Remember your 6 month tourist visa starts when it is granted, not when you arrive in India.

Related forum threads

Login to post