GoKunming Forums

Any people interested in ULTIMATE FRISBEE in Kunming?

samberry (5 posts) • 0

I've played a good amount of high level Ultimate Frisbee and am willing to facilitate some kind of an Ultimate pick-up game here in Kunming. I've played for a two time Junior National Championship team and am a New England All-region nominee and am willing to teach eager people in Yunnan who want to learn the game. Locals are strongly encouraged and more than welcome. My ultimate(no pun intended) goal would be to form a team that would be willing to travel and compete in regional Asian tournaments in Hongkong, Manila, Singapore, Shanghai and Beijing, but I am more than happy to form a pick-up league that could be the foundation for that type of thing. If people are willing to learn an awesome game then please respond to this thread. I am willing to commit a lot of my time to teach people basic throwing techniques and strategies. I only have 3 discs so if you have your own disc then that would be awesome.
-Sam Berry

-Sam Berry

Jimmy Yan (1 post) • 0

Hi Sam,
I'm Jimmy, a Kunmingese. I'm quite interested in it. I like doing sports and have heard it before. So please contact me:
yanfengrl@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Jimmy

Stephjc (1 post) • 0

Hi Sam, I'd love to join as well. I am in Kunming for a year... just arrived- please do get in touch
thanks for getting this started, you will have no problems recruiting ppl!

samberry (5 posts) • 0

Thanks to everybody who expressed interest. Sorry that I didn't respond for a while; been busy with finding an apartment and starting school, etc. As for when and where to meet...to be honest I'm not really sure. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm still pretty new to this city and I'm sure that other people would know of better places than I would. By the way, my email is samueljberry@gmail.com. I would love to get something going this weekend so if you are interested please get in touch.
Thanks!

Charlie Heath (7 posts) • 0

Hey Samberry!
I've been playing frisbee golf in Kunming since I moved here a month ago. I have about 6 discs. You ready? I will make you look great as I suck. We play at a park on the outskirts of town and have a 23 hole course. I'm not working so anytime, baby! The guy I usually play with just left on a world tour on his bike and left me his discs.

electioneered (4 posts) • 0

Charlie....
I may not be Sam, but I am his roommate. And let me tell you, any time you want to play disc golf would be just peachy. Let him or me know next time youre going. my email is electioneered@gmail.com.

krispee (1 post) • 0

hey anyone,

Gonna be in kunming for a couple till the 7th of november, if anybody wants to toss, or if thier is a pick up game let me know. I can certainly toss my own, I know this place has plenty of parks, would be a shame to leave without taking advantage of the open greens.

IvanXu (9 posts) • 0

I just come to kunming,I am a huge fan of ultimate game.I would like to play games with your guys.Could some one tell the time and place your guys play.Thanks a lot!

Related forum threads

Login to post