GoKunming Forums

Gym info?

BThib (3 posts) • 0

New to Kunming and saw the list of gyms on the site. Wondering if anyone can shed light on which are best. Do they ask for membership? Any idea of typical fees? Any other helpful info. Also, any idea if any are located in or around northwest part of town? Thanks.

chris (144 posts) • 0

"I Love Sports" is 800 yuan/year, never packed and on the lower end of Kunming gyms in terms of upkeep - bathroom and changing area is a little malodorous and there are no showers. That said, their weights are as heavy as any other gyms and they have a nice little green area with a good view of Kunming where you can stretch and relax. Not bad if you're into cheap/no-frills.

I've been also been to Powerhouse and Impulse, both of which are part of international gym chains. Both are cleaner and more pleasing to the eye than I Love Sports, and both of them cost a little more... can't remember off the top of my head exactly how much for a year. Tianhao is along the same lines but rather small.

What area do you mean when you say 'northwest part of town'? Kunming's big enough that most of the gyms listed could be considered in the city's northwest. The most northwestern gym listed would be the Kunming Municipal Gymnasium Fitness Center on Huancheng Xi Lu near Jiaoling Lu. Hope that helps.

Chris

BThib (3 posts) • 0

By "northwest" I mean that the school I am at doesn't appear on the maps I've seen and the bus ride to downtown is about 45 minutes. So want to find cleanest place with decent equipment that is as close as possible. You've been a big help. I'll check those out. Thanks.

Bill

Related forum threads

Login to post