GoKunming Forums

My Experience at Yutao Yoga

yutao_yoga (1 post) • 0

Dear Friends,

I am a 31-year old American woman who has been living and working in Kunming since 2005. I have been practicing yoga for three years and began taking classes at Yutao Yoga about two months ago. I first heard about Yutao Yoga when I saw a flyer advertising a three-day Vinyasa workshop with a visiting Yoga instructor from France. The workshop was excellent and I received a free week of yoga classes with my participation. After my week of free yoga classes finished, I immediately bought a membership card and have been attending classes at Yutao Yoga regularly ever since. I like Yutao Yoga because the studio is conveniently-located, the teachers are excellent and it offers a variety of classes suitable for all levels. Also, the studio is one of the oldest in China and the owner, Yutao, has extensive experience studying yoga in India. So far, my favorite classes are Gentle Yoga with Zen Laoshi and the Vinyasa classes taught by Yutao himself. The teachers at Yutao Yoga are WAY better than the teachers that you'd find at a gym or health club, who often aren't very experienced and merely show off the poses without actually teaching the students anything. The teachers at Yutao Yoga are all committed yoga practitioners who have undertaken extensive teacher training. They can help you deepen your practice in a way that exercise classes at a health club will never do. In just two months of studying at Yutao Yoga, I have noticed significant improvements in my asanas. My shoulders and back especially have opened a great deal and my balance has improved immensely. Also, I feel much lighter and more relaxed after attending classes at Yutao Yoga. I highly recommend Yutao Yoga to aspiring yogis of all levels. Language isn't an issue, because some teachers teach in English and the rest pay special attention to foreign students who don't speak Chinese. Also, Yutao speaks excellent English and is always happy to answer questions after class. Please feel free to email me with any questions about my experiences as a student at Yutao Yoga.

Be Well,
Katie Hagel (katiehagel@gmail.com)

kickkick (51 posts) • 0

i note that you've previously posted the prices for yutao yoga's various services, but i fear they may have changed recently. could you perhaps post up a current pricelist for me? if you remember to grab one when you leave your next class? thanks in advance.

nir119 (5 posts) • 0

for the last 5 months i've been studied yoga at Yutaoyoga, 3 times a week. i have also participated in enriching seminars with excellent foreign yoga teachers, Yutaoyoga is arranging from time to time.
it's a wonderful place.
at least 3 teachers (Yutao himself, Ma and Lili) give bilingual lessons (english+chinese), all three are amazing teachers.
the atmosphere and the attitude is what i have dreamed of. it is a peaceful, a friendly and so professional yoga place. i feel it has upgraded my whole stay in lovely Kunming, improved my body and feeling.
i recommend with all my heart.

serenam (1 post) • 0

I am happy to hear that there is a good yoga studio in town.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is a monthly membership. or if you can buy a card with a certain amount of visits. I'm in the far north of the city, and due to work I could probably only make it to class once or twice a week. Thanks in advance.

gingersinsamac (37 posts) • 0

Yutao Yoga is awesome, even for those who speak TING BU DONG.

Before living in Kunming, I was practising yoga in Chicago for everal years. China in Yoga brings one's practise to a new level. The teachers here are incredible, each with a different focus. Each class is a unique routine with it's own flow, not a cookie cutter of the previous week.
Some speak English, and all know a few key words to help Ting Bu Dong Students like myself. TIP: get a mat between two other students, so no matter which way you twist, you can watch what other students are doing.
I bought a membership and can find my way to the studio on the bus: it's near the "Parksons" SW mall on RenMin Road. To make it even sweeter, a Starbucks is going up in that area, too.

Erni1975 (1 post) • 0

I was at Yutao Yoga for 3 months and I can recommend it to anyone. It was my first time doing Yoga and I really recommend it for everyone. My lower back pain completely disappear. I felt so good doing Yoga and the place is amazing. Tao is a great person. Thank you for 3 wonderful months.

Related forum threads

Login to post