GoKunming Forums

Shangri-la Cafe- Black Pottery Coffee

Hiketsu (13 posts) • 0

I have visited Shangri-la several times over the past three years, and as the town has grown, there have been many improvements especially in the area of restaurants and bars. The best I have found is BLACK POTTERY COFFEE. The owner is a beautiful local Tibetan woman who is a former guide and knows the region well. So you can get up to date travel information in English, Chinese, and Tibetan if you wish. Her husband speaks Japanese as well. The Cafe serves the best western breakfast and coffee that I have had in China as well as Tibetan food which is done quite well, and authentically. It has a fine selection of pottery for sale from Nixi Villiage, the owner's hometown, an excellent selection of books in English, and Chinese, and a good selection of imported wines (Australian, South African). 674400 中国云南省香各里拉县古城仓房街池廊冈五号 Tel: 13187988299 It is located just below the giant prayer wheel in the Old Town up the street from the giant white Stupa. Look for its beautiful new stained wooden patio at the entrance. P.R. China 674400 Yunnan Province Shangri-la City Old Town Cang Fang Street Chi Lang Gang #5

Related forum threads

Login to post