GoKunming Forums

Internet speed and reliability using VPN

vicar (817 posts) • -1

@ Jan Jal. I'm not talking about what happened in BJ 30 years ago. Everyone knows about that. You'll have to catch up mate...

Ishmael (462 posts) • +1

@kurtosis: that sounds cool what you did, although I can't understand it. But just look at the crap that's necessary just to get around an imposed situation that never should have happened in the first place. Even needing a VPN is an insult.

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

Absurdity: I cannot access the link, on the Atlantic Daily service I get sent regularly to my email account, to the continuation of a poem by W. B. Yeats that was published in the Atlantic Monthly in 1938, without a VPN. I doubt that it's yahoo that is to blame.

kurtosis (86 posts) • 0

@Ishmael: I can kind of understand the Chinese for supporting the great firewall. US Tech companies are closely intertwined with US intelligence agencies and there are laws and regulations that force them to hand over information to US authorities. China had many clashes with the US since 1949 and the Chinese government perhaps isn't all that mistaken when being wary about the West's intentions as the latest developments show.

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

I can understand it too, but US, Chinese and other powers which either publicly and/or privately manage and twist information and thought to exploitively gain or maintain advantage: they competitively cooperate to disadvantage people everywhere and the species generally, and annoy the hell out of me personally. It's pretty rough on other species too.

Related forum threads

Login to post