GoKunming Forums

Kunming parks discount-Expo Garden, Xishan, Zoo...

kc430kc430 (81 posts) • +2

Just renewed my annual pass card for the World Horticulture Park (昆明世博园旅游区) on Bailong Lu. It allows unlimited visits for twelve months. March 6-10 the cost is 99rmb. AFter that 300rmb. Just need passport and provide the money and a phone number. They take your photo and give you the card immediately. Registration for Chinese residents might be a bit more involved.

The one-day rate used to be 100rmb but now has been dropped to 70rmb.

On the Women's Day Holiday (March 8 I think), women get half price (35rmb), men the full treatment.

I also just renewed my Kunming Parks pass, a different annual card that gives access to the Zoo, Western Hills, Golden Temple,

Tanhua Temple, Daguan Park, Black Dragon Pool and one or two others. Cost 150rmb. Take pHotocopy of passport photo page and visa-size photo to the special window near entrance to the zoo. You'll be asked (required) to write your Chinese name on the back of the visa photo (for filing purposes?). Fork over the cash and wait 15 days to pick up the card.

I walk frequently in Kunming parks and these two cards save me hundreds of kuai every year.

fabey (124 posts) • 0

Update. Major Kunming parks mentioned above (e.g. the Zoo, Daguan Park, Black Dragon Pool, Golden Temple, etc.) are slated to waive admission fees starting October 1st. The lifting of entrance fees may last indefinitely, like Green Lake.

fabey (124 posts) • 0

Proof of negative nucleic acid test result within 24 hours required to enter Green Lake these couple of days as a containment measure due to recent surge in cases.

Related forum threads

Login to post