GoKunming Forums

Bangkok Cafe

rollsroyce (26 posts) • 0

Hello once again homies,

I wanted to review about Bangkok Cafe a lil' bit.

I've been goin' to this restaurant for about a year now quite often so I think I have what it takes to post a legitimate review about the restaurant.

Bangkok Cafe's located near Yunnan Daxue.(there's also on near Parkson, downtown kunming)
The looks of the restaurant is very simple, very thai like with the yellow color sign outside, just like the places you'll see in the streets of Bangkok.

Don't expect the place to look like Moonlight corner.

In my opinion it's pretty small.

Now the food is pretty good.

They serve a lot of original thai plates such as papaya and the famous tom yum kung soup.

I prefer the pineapple fried rice with chicken and egg inside.

I'm sure ya'll familiar with this.

The bad thing about this place is the waitress.

They rude as hell.
I heard the waitress tell someone to just wait because she's all busy.

They yell to each other.

They don't bring you refill for water and they get their order's wrong sometimes.

The good thing though, is you get free tissue!
:D

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

Agreed.

I wrote a review of this place a few years ago. The food is good, the prices are very decent (don't know if they've raised them recently, though)...but the waitresses are some of the rudest I've encountered (maybe I was unlucky?) and I've seen public toilets with cleaner facilities than this place. That and every time I've walked by wanting to grab a bite at around 4 or 5 they're all sitting inside playing cards and telling me that they're closed. That's cool, I'll take my business elsewhere then!

Aside from hygiene and the occasional bad waitress, it's okay. Not great, but not that bad either.

andrew1960 (9 posts) • 0

hey, forgive if I err, but is this the place off Wenlin Jie?
super little Thai cafe with seating that fits nothing over a size 14 ass, but the food is great and cheap...3 dishes and 2 Dali beers for 35 yuan.......man I miss Kunmin..

dianjing (17 posts) • 0

@timkunming except for Western restaurants and some noodle dives, most places don't want to serve you a bite @ 4 or 5 - in some places that's when the staff eats, and anyways they're not expecting customers till 6. Usually a Chinese restaurant will serve you at that time, but you'll notice they often do it rather grudgingly. The same goes for eating lunch after 2 pm.

JJMallox (4 posts) • 0

I've been there twice and the food is very good. I've been to Thailand before so I have a good sense of what Thai food is typically like. The only problem I've seen is accessibility. The place is REALLY small and it's hard to get a seat most of the day let alone lunch time. So if you plan to go there, you should also plan to have a backup restaurant.

brenna (6 posts) • 0

I just had lunch with a few friends here...the food was pretty okay..until I saw a giant rat in the corner upstairs. So I decided it was time to leave...the rat followed me downstairs; and woke up the rest of it's family who were apparently resting on top of the refrigerator. I was shocked, but to the staff it seemed pretty common, it didn't appear out of the ordinary, and the male fu wu yuan even thought it to be a bit funny. so not funny.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I went to BKK Cafe for a meal noon yesterday and it appears to be closed. Anyone know it that's the case. Permanently?

Related forum threads

Login to post