Wonders Of Yunnan Travel


Ten year tourist visa from Chiang Mai

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • 0

Is it any different of a process than applying in your home country? I'm also curious if any Chinese consulates in SE Asia offers a 10 year tourist visa with 90 day stays instead of 60 day stays?

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

The length of visas, over and above the standard visas, depend upon reciprocal agreements. A 10 year visa is possible for USA citizen, but not for UK citizen for example. At least that’s how I understand it.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Just a thought: sometime back there was a thread containing a link to a youtube video about an American who made a fool of himself working illegally and then lying to the PSB. He served a short jail sentence and was subsequently deported. He was told by the police on release that whether or not he could ever return to China '...was at the discretion of the staff at wherever he submitted his visa application'. Judging from this, it would appear local 'discretion' plays a part.

Kongming (83 posts) • 0

I was told just today that you can apply for a 10 year tourist visa at any Chinese consulate. The rules are the same everywhere.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

An invitation letter from a resident is usually enough for a tourist visa. Over and above your passport and the visa fee of course.

AlPage48 (1209 posts) • 0

When I applied in Hong Kong they refused to give more than 9 years, and they wanted to give a 60 day stay. I got them up to 90 days.

That was for a Q2 visa!
The Toronto consulate would issue a 10 year 180 day stay for the same visa class.

Login to post Register to post