GoKunming Forums

vaccinations for children

godfear (25 posts) • 0

I am about to move to kunming with my family. we'll have a 2 month old infant. i am familiar with the fake drugs in china and wonder what other families do for vaccines. is there any safe, imported vaccines that can be bought in kunming?

natteeice (21 posts) • 0

Hello,

on wen lin jie and another place not far from the hump bar they give vaccinations to children no problems. We got vaccinations done there i will try to find the paper work for them with the address. but its not really a problem.

atomic (156 posts) • 0

The vaccination centre that natteeice mentions has been moved, as I discovered when I took my son in for a routine vaccination last month. Contact me when you get here godfear and We'll take you over to the new centre. Make sure you have a list of any vaccinations your 2 month old has had already. My contact details are email: edm.mark@gmail.com or 0871-3612070

godfear (25 posts) • 0

great. thanks so much. I was imagining carrying all the vacs in that I need in a cold bag and storing the entire time until I needed them. Thanks again!

godfear (25 posts) • 0

Just had our baby and we're in Korea now. We're going through some of the vaccines and are told the DTP or DTaP vaccine is different depending on country. Anyways, does anyone know if the above vaccine center offers this? the vaccines we need are heb a 3rd shot
heb b shots
mmr
and dtp or dtap. thanks!

Amina (29 posts) • 0

Hi there. I recently travelled around China and lived in Kunming with my two children (4 and 2) for a year.

I work in a busy family medical centre in Australia now with other Doctors and health professionals.
Of course it was my informed choice but after much research AND personal experience of seeing children as patients with very compromised immune systems due to vaccinations, I chose not to vaccinate my children.

However if you are travelling to remote areas or places in China that you feel may be exposed to such as cholera, polio etc, then fair enough, you could take the immunization medicine.
If your baby plays around in the soil, then may be tetanus!
But please be VERY aware of the MMR (many side effects such as Autism etc) especially when given in the 3 shots.

My children have the healthiest strongest immune systems. When my son caught chicken pox it lasted 2 days and my daughter did not get it at all.

Most children get whooping cough from vaccinated children anyway and those vaccinated STILL get it too. This Pertussis shot is banned in many educated countries. In Japan and Sweden they NEVER vaccinate any baby under two years old.

Just a thought for you. Please forgive me if this offends you but if you would like to investigate any further I am more than happy to recommend reliable sources such as the AVN (Australian Vaccination Network) www.avn.org.au

Good luck

boboy (1 post) • 0

Amina, are you saying that Australia is an uneducated country? Because the DTPa vaccine which includes the Pertussis shot is included in Australia's vaccine schedule. As well as Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore and Japan. Your information about Japan is totally inaccurate. At least 6 are in the first year of life, and 3 in the second.

www.immunise.health.gov.au/[...]

www.scribd.com/[...]

godfear (25 posts) • 0

we do a fare bit of traveling, so i think our kids need the dtp vaccine. will think about mmr. thanks for the info.

Amina (29 posts) • 0

Boboy. I am Absolutely not suggesting that 'opinion' in ANY way at all!!!!. Australia is by far a VERY educated country hence the rapid increase of parents, making 'informed' choices and choosing NOT to vaccinate with ALL of the immunization medicine the government like to recommend.

Certain vaccines MAY have a place whereas some MAYbe unnecessary eg. MMR in 3 shots!!!

I was merely trying to put a valid point across to mention the age safety consideration for such a tiny new born baby to be exposed to so many toxins and live viruses at the start of their life. It is purely a personal choice and certainly after researching what I have found I would never have my babies injected with live viruses, live bacteria Mercury, formaldehyde, aborted foetal tissue, pigs blood, monkey kidneys and latex rubber.
But hey, forgive me for my sensitivities.............
My apologies for inaccurate information regarding Japan. The fact is they DID stop vaccinating babies under two and that is when the SIDS rate dramatically declined in Japan too. However since I have updated my knowledge and understand that post 95 Japan only requires 6 vaccinations.

So Thankyou boboy for that as I like to be in the know.

I implore all parents to please research this controversial subject and make an informed choice for their children.

Related forum threads

Login to post