GoKunming Forums

Where would you go next?

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -1

How about this one.

If we play with the thought, Korean Kim sucks things up, and in one way or another, things turn out so, that its more wise to move away from China than stay. So whats yer choice?

So who goes to Thailand to eat Tom Yum noodles? Who goes home to rainy and rude England? Lets play Japan not involved, who goes for sushi? Who may bring a Chomsky book for some Goa beach and become a beach prophet? Indonesia anyone? its a great place. People say big money lurking in Arab areas? Other choices? Vietnam? Back to the good ol' USA? Australias beaches?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I don't see this scenario playing out, at least not over Kim now, but I'd choose Chiang Mai, or maybe Auroville or someplace else in India. Other thoughts might be Italy, or even back to Paris, or....

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Btw. When did you visit Chiang Mai first time Alien? Me, it was quite late, 1999, but that city is very unpleasant now with its traffic compared to then.

Its OK for a week, but gets boring very fast, even if u drinking beer every night, you get rootless there. And too hot in hot season.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

@ Alien

Dont you feel the place (Chiang Mai) feels superficial now? Me thinks its almost intorelable place due to its superficiality. Which is probably bcs of its tourism. Its comfortable yes, but damn superficial there.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Heres my choices if I had not already moved one feet away.

Yogyakarta, Tokyo or Rangoon. (Hanoi could be considered)

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

@Peter: Superficiality, yeas, but there is an interesting community of westerners there, excellenbt bookshops, as well as possibilities for learning/meditating Buddhism, at least for those who never got around to having good satoris. And the town is convenient on a day-to-day basis.

Related forum threads

Login to post