GoKunming Forums

Cycling/Socializing

Burgon (42 posts) • 0

Hi. Just moved to Kunming and I'm looking for social stuff to do. Does anyone know of a cycling club? I've read about Pegasus but I can't get hold of them. Also, I'd like to learn some Chinese; any recommendations would be great.
Thanks for your help!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

Hi Burgon, There is a very active group on Wechat, based in the North. They will probably contact you. If you PM me with your phone number/Wechat ID I will pass on your details. These guys are fairly serious about mountain biking.
If you are in the South, then myself and another expat (both in our 50s) take more leisurely road rides once a week, stopping for beer on the way.
Either way, you can send a personal message on here.

ScottRap (2 posts) • +1

tiger, could you please put me in contact with the mountain biking group? I am moving to Kunming next sunday and am bringing my mountain bike. I think I will be living in the north, Beichen area. Thanks!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

@ScottRap, if/when you have a mobile number and or WeChat ID, send the details to me by personal message on here, and I will forward them to one of the leaders of the group for you.

XYinKMG (2 posts) • +1

Hi Guys,

I live in the nothern part close to Beichen and would also be interested occasianly in joining a cycling group.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +2

Hi XTinKMG. Send me a PM and I will pass on your details. It is better if you PM me, as I think it wrong to post a third parties details on open forum.

Related forum threads

Login to post