GoKunming Forums

Cambodian Visa

gingersinsamac (37 posts) • -1

Hi, I'm interested in taking a train from Vietnam to Bangkok. I got the Vietnam visa. Anyone know how to get

Cambodian Visa? The info I got online said I needed at least six months of time on my passport. Thank you

Napoleon (1187 posts) • +5

Travelling anywhere where you need a visa requires you have 6 months remaining.

There is a consulate with visa section in Kunming, open 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday.

A visa is 240RMB. You'll need a photocopy of your Chinese visa, and a photocopy of your passport photo page, a complete application form (available from the consulate) and one passport photo of yourself on either a white or blue background.

The visa requires 3 business days to issue for most nationalities, and is valid for 30 days after entry to Cambodia.

The consulate is in the east of the city near Kunming University of Science and Technology. The address is Kunming Guangfang Hotel, Xinying Road. Its on the corner, you'll notice it by the flags and fancy signpost outside the building.

goldie122 (645 posts) • -4
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

I cant remember if it was Cambodia or Myanmar or but one of them required to see proof of a flight booked.

I didn't have one and had travelled quite a ways to get to the embassy.

I quickly booked a ticket from my phone for a flight that week and showed her the confirmation.

Cancelled that flight when I got home and booked the real flight.

wagabunda (12 posts) • 0

For sure u need at least six months of time on your passport.

I dont know where are you come from but most countries can get visa on arrival. Easy and fast .some land borders ask for additional "fee"

, which means 2 $ to their pockets.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -7

Yea, people giving advice here dont even mention the visa on arrival. If you know something about the visa situation on, e.g. Cambodia, then you know theres the arrival visa.

Goldie cant even remember which country she had to do all the hassle for, Cambodia or Myanmar. Heh.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -7

And theres no train from Vietnam to Bangkok. Cambodia hardly has a rail system. Maybe the OP could do some basic research as well.

goldie122 (645 posts) • -11

@Peter... since I've probably been to more countries than you can even name, please forgive me if I don't recall perfectly this one hour event in my life.

And as my mother, dear rest her soul, used to say... if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything.

If OP made a mistake about his/her travel plans, you can let him/her know... you don't have to be rude in your post.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • +3

@John

A Laos visa is very similar in procedure to the Cambodian visa. You'll need to go to the consulate which is right next to Erji Road Underground station.

If you plan to get a tourist visa make sure to bring:

Your passport,
A passport photo (On a white background only)
A photocopy of your passport detail page
A copy of your Chinese visa
Complete the application form at the front desk (Which can also be found online) and affix your photo.

The consulate requires 3 days to issue the visa, which will cost 260rmb. If you require the next day express service this is 380rmb but price varies slightly for some nationalities.

Again, the consulate is open 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday. There can be large queues on a Monday morning.

Hope that's what you're looking for.

Note that again, you'll need 6 months validity on your passport.

Related forum threads

Login to post