GoKunming Forums

Just jump!

One-Hit Wonder (89 posts) • 0

Please share your thoughts on this article. What would you do if you were one of the onlookers?
————————————————-

Woman threatening to jump from shopping mall in China is encouraged to 'just get it over with' by onlookers

A woman in northeast China tried to kill herself by jumping off a building, only to find onlookers urging her on to do the job quickly, local media reported.
While rescuers were busy devising a plan to rescue the woman, who was sitting on the edge of a terrace on the third floor of a shopping mall in Jinan, Shandong province, passers-by shouted "just jump!", according to the Jinan Times.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

@OHW
I would want to help. But dunno how to deal with the onlookers, since they have no disrgard for life, they may release all their frustration on you, if they feel they don't get their entertainment of blood an brain spread on the floor.

I would try to talk to them, encourage them, to save a life rather than destroying one. If it ain't working get the cops and try to stop them, but they may just join the crowd.

It's sad though. Really sad...must be hell for first responders to work through a situation like that.

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

Probably she just got fed up with the lack of any Tex-Me food in her city. Wow, I have been there myself.

kevlar (42 posts) • 0

A similar event occurred here early last year near the corner of Chuncheng and Baita Lu. On that occasion, on-lookers were just concerned and a fireman talked the person down, from what I could gather.

One-Hit Wonder (89 posts) • 0

In other news, a foreigner jumps off ledge because he couldn't locate a Tex-Mex.

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

I just read over the link. Very sad story indeed. I regret I made a tasteless joke earlier. What this story opens your eyes to is just how self centered,backwards and barbaric most Chinese people are. I assume it is just part of their Chinese culture to be such Neanderthals and ignorant goons,so I am not passing judgement. If it is part of a culture to behavelke a savage pig then outsiders must accept it as a fact of life and be happy. Look for the good things pigs also bring into the world. Sad sad indeed. Probably happens everyday here in some form. A culture thing. Glad she made it.

Related forum threads

Login to post