GoKunming Forums

Hotel genuinely near airport?

Jez_in_Kunming (16 posts) • 0

I have a 8am flight back to blighty on 10th, which means I have to be at the airport for 5am to check in. Being in the middle of Chunjie I don't expect I'll be able to get a taxi at that time, so are there any hotels that are genuinely in or near the airport. Looking on ctrip, all the ones that advertise as being near changshui are in reality km's away....

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

There have been a couple of guys on here advertising airport pickup and drop-off services.

I have used this number a couple of years ago, I am not sure if the number is still active. 133-5494-9490. He may not want to do early, but if you offer him more than the regular, he may still do it. And still cheaper than a hotel.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

There are no hotels in or right next to the airport. However, there are some about 10-15mins drive away in a shitty little town/village which is full of hotels. As people only stay there because they need to get to the airport, they usually provide free or very cheap minibus pick up and drop off

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

I found early flights no problem once I got into the taxi. Getting the taxi was difficult. Once at the airport, almost nothing, check in or security, was open early. Usually it was a wait before things got started after 6am.

I caught 8am flights to Beijing at least 4 times a year and it was always a wait for the airport to wake up. But, better early and wait than late and run.

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

Ask a taxi driver the day before to come and pick you up from wherever you are staying in town at 5:30AM and exchange phone numbers. If they don't show up, wake up, or answer, then just walk down a major road toward an area with lots of early morning taxis (like Kundu) and on will take you for sure. Early morning is a GOOD time to catch taxis here, they are generally idling and desperate for a job.

Related forum threads

Login to post