GoKunming Forums

Long range e-bike?

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

Speak of "law of 2 people on bike ". My gf asked few co-workers and I also asked some local people around, nobody seems to know anything about not being allowed to take another person ( adult ) as a passenger on your back seat ( 2 seats ) el. scooter neither some special licence for that. If anybody has some written info about that matter, please share. Thanks.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

You're asking the wrong people. You should ask the police, preferably the officers working at the branch where you're supposed to register your scooter or at the place where you get driving licenses.

Ask your neighbours and colleagues if they know for sure what the law says about cars that have a red traffic light but still turn right without slowing down for pedestrians or looking for incoming cars that have the green light.

A12345 (102 posts) • 0

At least once a week I see a police trap stopping everyone on an e-bike with two people on them, at exactly the same spot close to XiaoXiMen.

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

Just asked cops. Its correct, 2 adults are not allowed on one bike. Only 1 adult with child. Penalty vary from 10-20 up to 50 kuai.

I was also told that mostly in city centre and specially during busy holidays etc.

SpartansSpartans (184 posts) • 0

Yankee, the turning at the red lights is nothing; here in Chenggong, cars, vans and trucks take the cycling lane and speed up to 60, 80KM/H on it, and if you are riding your bike they honk incessantly pushing you to the sidewalk or the ditch.

All literally, right in front of the Police. And when you complain to the Police, they do nothing.

Related forum threads

Login to post