GoKunming Forums

Kunming wechat group

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

My fave use of these apps like wechat and facebook is photo sharing with people I'm still close with but can't see in person as often as before due to location. Get to see what my family & close friends are up to and likewise for them :) The other good thing is the video talk part these apps have for when I want to talk with them but prefer to see them when doing so, making it a slightly more personal chat.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I put my pics on QQ but I disable the comments so they can NOT make comments on my pics.

I recharge my phone once every 2 weeks and I put 50 RMB on my phone every 3 months. I still have about 150 RMB on my account - haha.

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

Well, I guess messages are used for leaving a message:-) Notify you about something without disturbing you with phone call which you might not be able to pick up at that moment and same time that message might not be urgent and doesn't require immediate answer. On missed call you can call back, then person might not be able to pick up that time..and so on :-) so sms, or wechat message comes handy, in my opinion. Also saves a long blablabla, simple sentence is very quick and efficient information provided, no waiting when person on other side reaches his/her phone to pick up ( coz u hold that phone in your hand near to your ear when waiting right? :-) Same like leaving a paper note for your wife u go somewhere and She is not at home to tell here. No need to call, just drop the message or if too lazy just Wechat voice message ( I prefer that one, faster then typing ).

I use to have a small Nokia only 75g, u didn't feel it in your pocket, but smartphones made kinda END of this style of phones. With internet availability ( 3/4G etc.) it completely changed usage of the phone it self. Browsing web, watching the movies, playing games, GPS maps, Apps for bus,taxi etc. It could be helper or time waster, as I said above, depends how you use it and for what you need it. 2nd hand Iph4 can buy for less then 1000rmb now in good condition and its not bigger then other regular phones with standard HW keyboard ( apparently last best Iph .made, the new ones are with lots of issues ).I agree that particular Chinese citizens spend lots of money towards to expensive ph. specially the Iphone. One of my friends (local guy) bought to his gf Iph6 for 5000rmb or something? But He makes 2500rmb per months. Thats what Im calling LOVE :-))))

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

My friend ordered a coffee takeaway via wechat, coz not time in short break ( in Yunda ), Allowed him to skip Q to pick up his 'morning booster' and made couple of laowais pissed off when they had to pai dui le :-)))
As He said : German efficiency is needed here coz those 2 workers in coffeeshop are like slow-motion movie :-) Probably like in most coffeeshops in China, as I noticed.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

My Gosh - 2 months salary on a phone. Maybe that is why I just bought my wife a house cash and I travel (Time and Money) everywhere because I dont waste my money on a phone that only lasts 1 year.

Now that I have nearly finished with Yunnan (252 temples, 78 Historical sites in Yunnan, as well as 72 Historical villages) I am going to complete my UNESCO list in China - I have about 15 of the 45 Unesco sites already completed. Going to Gansu, Xinjiang and Qinghai next month when all the poor slobs are back to work and the bratty kids are in school. Hehe! Thats why all my pics never have other tourists in the pictures.

libertasty (2 posts) • 0

hey,i'm new to GOKM,but i'm local in kunming. i am interested in the forum about "WECHAT GROUP".Well,i think it will be interesting that we different people from different countries and share our own different moments, also our requests will be responded by anyone who knows. OK,I would like to create a WECHAT group as we wish.You can add me in WECHAT,my wechat user name is "libertasty". I'm an urban planner and want to make friends with you guys.

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

libertasty, what have ou planned here in KM? I mean in your job? Are u newbie or senior planner?

libertasty (2 posts) • 0

Alexez,my job is urban planning, and i like travelling,making friends from different culture,so i create a wechat group,now there are already 6 mumbers in the group,add me and let the group growing!

Manic Mike (2 posts) • 0

hey! did someone create a wechat group for kunming yet?! I want to move there soon! please add me if someone started a group...or I will start my own if people want me to..:)

Related forum threads

Login to post