GoKunming Forums

Good Movies for 2015

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I saw it last night. For some reason, I was the only one in the room bursting into laughter everytime Sam L Jackson appeared on screen. Entertaining film.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

Kingsman? Total joke of a movie. I know it's a Tarantino-style movie that likes to take the revenge motif to the max, but it's getting old, just like never-ending military rhetoric that seems to be in every American movie these days.

Tarantino movies did the very same, but they had edge. This one is too slick, lacks humanness. Why does everyone always need superpowers? Is it so hard to portray real people? This is just a celebration of violence for no real reason, trying to make it look cool.

Also, the sheer nonsensical tech mumbo-jumbo. Oh yes, I'll just hack into the system, peep peep, fancy 3D screens, done, shut everyone down. Now walk in and kill them all.

The only thing that was sort of fun about the movie, was the scores of heads exploding to classical music.

It's been a long time since anything good's come out in Chinese cinemas. They seem to screen only the dumbest, most desensitizing American movies with the highest budget and the lowest contingency of imagination.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

what percentage of movies have guns and people killing each other? 80%?

Cuuul (13 posts) • 0

in last 3 years this is one of the most genial video I've seen: "Kumare"

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

let me guess... you're european? that looks like an interesting movie. i'll check it out.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Movies? 3 yo kids already start learning about violence, sexual references and racism in a fun way from mainstream cartoons.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

nothing wrong with the theme of violence. It is gripping and therefore the theme of many a good story. Glorifying it, or making it seem easy, light, or indeed something worth pursuing, is a worrying development.

You don't have to be European to see that. And it's not that there are no good American movies, but what Hollywood is churning out in the past decade, the movies with the biggest budgets that make it to China, is just bombarding us with desensitizing things that minimize thought and maximize sensation. Since there's so much money involved, it makes you wonder whether it's done on purpose.

A movie doesn't have to be deep to be better than that. Remember the first Die Hard? That's a very violent movie, but nowhere glorifying violence and no-one has those stupid superpowers.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Hollywood's goal:
Make money at any cost.
Desensitize the population.
Sexual children.

There are very few movie these days worth paying and watching.

Related forum threads

Login to post