GoKunming Forums

please any tuition free/scholarship university

艾玛 (1 post) • 0

hello, I have been in China for some months now. I have been studying the Chinese language since I came to China .I really want to continue with my studies but it's not easy because the Chinese law does not allow students to work. so it's very difficult to afford for the tuition fees. I will like to know if there are some tuition free universities here in China where I can apply to study or if there is another option for me. thanks

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

The Confucius Institute (name?) used to offer scholarships to study Chinese. You could basically study at the institute for free AND they'd also give you something like a ¥4k a month stipend - which would amply cover room and board - well - maybe rent. There were LOT's of other benefits as well - but last time I looked was about 5-10 years ago.

Do a BING or google search - dig up the info yourself...(cuz I won't)..and good luck!

Serrure (132 posts) • 0

Confucius scholarship for Chinese language students is about 1600-1800 yuan a month. You also get a room at school dorm for free and free Chinese classes.

Scholarships for language students, bachelor degree or master degree students are 1400-1800 yuan. No extra benefits.

Most of the scholarships (Chinese Scholarship Council, Confucius Institute etc) are being granted in July with application deadline around the end of March.

Of course it varies depending where you come from.

Lucky Orchid (1 post) • 0

It is easiest to to get a scholarship whilst in your home country, but it's not impossible if you are already in china.

It mainly comes down to a.) what your home country is.
b.)How long you want to reside in china

and c.)what you intend to study.
There are Chinese Government scholarships available.
Sometimes the university offers funding.
Confucius institute scholarship- I think you have to be a member of a Confucius institute. However, many of these are free and easy to join for the most part, it shouldn't be a problem. Bachelor students are currently paid 1400 RMB each month. Masters degree students 1700RMB each month. You are paid one off 1500RMB settlement fee. Tuition is included. Accomodation on campus is included if you live off campus they pay towards part of the fee. Under this scholarship you also have your compulsory books paid for (around 100-200 RMB otherwise). The dorm you have to pay your water and electricity fees (the most I have ever paid is 20yuan for one month) and also the big drinking water bottles (9 yuan/bottle). For scholarships starting September you have to apply by May. For March scholarships Jan/Feb. These always change and are sometimes flexible. Since last year you need a Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi 2 score (HSK 2). It is recommended that you have the Speaking and reading exams (but I only took the reading exam and was okay).

But to register at the university is your own cost (I paid 400RMB).

Good luck! :)

Related forum threads

Login to post