GoKunming Forums

Travelling around Yunnan

aliciacd (2 posts) • 0

Good morning,

I am traveling around Yunnan and I have 1 week to visit Kunmin, Yuanyang Terraces, Dali a Shangrila. So the time is a little bit tight.

I was thinking about taking night buses to go everywhere and that way I could save some time and money, but I'm having some trouble finding information about the buses from Kunming. Hope you can help me with this.

Are there any night buses to and from Yuanyang Rice Terraces?
Are there night buses to and from Shangri-la?

Appreciate it if you can help me with this info.

Thank you

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

Wow, that's a tight schedule.

Shangrila is starting to shut down for the winter and the old town is being rebuilt after burning down earlier this year. As your time is short, perhaps consider skipping it unless you really really want to see a tibetan temple.

Dali is nice. Haven't been to the terraces but I'm sure they are beautiful too.

this website might help you with buses www.chinabusguide.com/

aliciacd (2 posts) • 0

Hey Haali, thank you for your answer.

So even if I go next week you think Shangrila will be already shut down for winter? I could definitely skip it if there's no point in going, but I really wanted to visit Pudacuo National Park, that's why I was trying so hard to make the schedule tight and get to Shangrila.

And thank you for the schedule for the link of the buses!!!

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

It won't be completely shut down next week, and you should still be able to get the the park, but beware, the park is about 3500 metres up and so will be very cold in the shade or if the sun isn't shining.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

You will not be able to find night buses for what you are looking for. I recommend you cut your schedule.

nrich (16 posts) • 0

Maybe you're on your trip already. I don't know about other places, but there are night buses between Kunming and Shangri-la. I was just through Pudacuo again last weekend. Much quieter, but on a sunny day still quite pleasant.

NoDurians (12 posts) • 0

@Haali: Sure, that chinabusguide.com is a helpful site?

Both "Kunming -> Dali" and "Kunming -> Xiaguan" deliver: "Sorry, we can't find bus connections between places required"

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Strongly advise you cut the places on your schedule by at least half, and take day buses, as they will at least allow you to see and maybe experience something other than the planned-for site.

Related forum threads

Login to post