GoKunming Forums

Cycling to Fuxian Lake

LisaDN (1 post) • 0

Hi!

Does anyone know a nice cycling route from Kunming centre to Fuxian Lake?

We bicycle a lot, but we're not very trained for hills.

We want to have a bike trip to Fuxian Lake, and stay there one night in a hotel.

Any advice, very welcome!

kingofthekerb (131 posts) • 0

it should be easy to go through chenggong now, west from the university town..they're fixing a new road there but once you get to the main road south of dianchi it's a straight road down the hill to chengjiang (fuxian lake north coast)

opper (52 posts) • 0

I'd like to do this as well, but skip the annoying traffic getting out of the city. Has anyone brought their bike on the subway? If so, looking at the map, the last subway stop and the most northern point of Chengjiang is only about 25-30 km. That would be pleasant and provide ample time to bike around the lake.

Andrew_AWS (34 posts) • 0

You can bring your bike on the subway, but you have to take off the front wheel (if your bike isn't very small, like a folding bike). It's easiest if you then hang the wheel on the handlebars, and wheel the bike onto the subway.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

No matter which way you go there is a mountain range to cross, Chenggong is at the bottom of this mountain.

If you decide to bike over the mountain please avoid the main road as it's very dangerous, there are farm roads which would be longer but safer.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Also, for bike in subway, try to find an entrance with escalator down. Once in the carriage, you can lean the bike against the opposite set of doors; at least from chunxigulou to south bus station.

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

I live at Fuxian lake.... I cycled it 13 years ago when there were still farms in the way!

If you come down get in touch and I can maybe take you out on a sailing boat on the lake. Many cheap hotels here... PM me for a phone number.

Related forum threads

Login to post