GoKunming Forums

Big bubble envelopes for shipping

parisianguy (45 posts) • 0

I'd like to send a very heavy dictionary back to France but don't know where I can find a bubble envelope to ship it. Have tried a few stationary shops but have met with blank stares. Any ideas? Thanks!

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Check the express delivery companies like sto, sf etc...

xb6asd (170 posts) • 0

Jian she road stationary shop has bubble wrap. Its next to donnas doughnuts

Need some help here. Sto, sf, stand for?? I wonder if the main post office would have big bubble envelopes? There's nothing urgent about sending a dictionary, so Fedex or UPS seems an expensive option.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

STO: 申通快递
SF: 顺丰速运

They look like stores with a lot of delivery boxes and bags outside and people signing receipt documents. They are all over town. If you aren't using their delivery service, they might still do the wrapping for a fee.
Boxes and wrapping from the post office is usually overpriced and shit quality.

It turns out that sf express will ship to the States but NOT to France and their prices are exorbitant. I think I'll lug my books down to the main post office, Beijing Lu?, and see what they offer in the way of packaging. In no real hurry to get them to France...maybe I'll buy some of that bubble wrap at the Jianshe stationary shop. Have you got a precise address for that? Thanks!

Just for others' future reference, the China International Post Office provided a box and 2 kinds of bubble wrap for my 9 kilos of books which I sent off for 280 RMB, Surface Air Limited. People there were patient and helpful....don't know if I'll ever see my books again, but hey...

Quiteone (8 posts) • 0

I think you can rest easy on delivery I have sent parcels from CIPO got the same very polite and helpful service, sent to my Son in Australia and to my Daughter in Dubai both times arrived ok, don't panic if they do not arrive for around six weeks it takes awhile, only thing they asked us to do was write the receiving Country name in

English.

Pinyin.
Chinese.
Cheers.

Related forum threads

Login to post