GoKunming Forums

What's the name of that colorful baby carrier?

vellocet (6 posts) • 0

What's the name of this in Chinese? The colorful baby carriers that the minority women use. I tried to post a link to photos, but was rather curtly informed by the software that doing this makes me a spammer. :(

I'm having a hard time finding more than a few to choose from on Taobao. I'm searching for 背扇 and 背篓 and only getting a few plain-looking ones. What's the right word to search for in Chinese?

Alternatively, does anyone know a Kunming shop that specializes in these, that has an online presence? I don't live in Kunming and you all know it's a bit far to run to a shop out there! :D

vellocet (6 posts) • 0

背带 just means any baby backpack...it's a generic term. 背背 is evidently some kind of breast-lifting device. I'd post the links to the Taobao search, but the forum software won't allow me. :*

vellocet (6 posts) • 0

Was that a link? I couldn't tell! This forum software is really weird, you can't tell what it will do. It searches for 云南传统婴儿背带背 which means Yunnan traditional infant 背带背. But searching for 背带背 just brings up the ordinary baby backpacks again. Maybe this thing doesn't even have a name in Chinese.

I'd post links to the taobao searches for the terms others have suggested...but yeah that doesn't work.

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Have you used one? I had the Tibetan style one with the stripes and the red woven strap that you put through the top like a belt. It was horribly uncomfortable. I got a Beco, and life was much better :)

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

They are OK if the baby is sleeping,,but if the baby wakes and is unhappy then its difficult to reach. If you are doing manual work then this is a useful way to carry the baby though....

Related forum threads

Login to post