GoKunming Forums

Kindergarten

Fried (24 posts) • 0

Hey everyone,
i`m looking for a smaller kindergarten in Kunming where my daughter could speak and learn Chinese and English. Any suggestions? Thanks

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

You need to specify where you want it to be located.

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Have you searched through the forums already? It's been brought up a few times and there might be some info you could use.
We were hopeful that our daughter could attend a preschool this fall (she'll be nearly 3) and since my husband is affiliated with YunDa we went there to inquire the other day. We were turned away by the security guard who told us that signup was in March, only 1 out of 8 students that applied got in, and they ask for a 3 year commitment. I'm not saying they'll all be like this, but the better ones might be. Have you looked at KIA? Our goal was all Chinese since we speak English at home.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

FYI. The good Kindergarten usually have a waiting list. You have to have good connections to even get in.

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Well, our connections weren't nearly as good as I thought since we got turned away by the security guard :)

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@elisa
I've heard that we expats @yunda can go to the workers' union to help place our kids in "impossible to place our kids" pre-schools.

I have some end of year things to do at the foreign affairs office, so will inquire and update the forum on whether this is possible (it's possible - it's just a matter of who will lift a finger to get it done).

What will probably happen is the FAO will tell me to go there myself...but we'll see.

fixitwithahammer (165 posts) • 0

Best Kindergarten I know of in Kunming is Seuss Q International Preschool, at the north end of BeijingLu. Next to Kunming no. 10 Middle School.

It's certainly not the cheapest but it's small and as close as you can get to kiddo paradise in Kunming. They have a petting zoo, swimming pool, kiddo kitchen, a gym, science room, cinema and a huge playground on the roof.
An American curriculum, very good and motivated foreign teachers.
You can join for free trial classes. As the other schools offer, as well.

They don't have a school bus but I assume some parents live in your area and wouldn't mind to carpool.
It's using bilingual curriculum, mornings are in English language and afternoons are in Chinese.
Tuition is somewhere between 2500 to 3500 RMB/month as I remember but better to call them for discounts and deals.

If you are looking for international preschools I think KIA may have preschool classes.
I assume if they have a preschool they probably charge up to 5000RMB or more per month.

Also First Decision is pretty cool but for sure not small and around Guandu old town, so quite a bit out of town.
They have a school bus and can pick you up. Their fee is similar to the Seuss Q but it's pretty massive.
They have tons of courses and special activities.
Last time I checked they had good teachers around.

If you need more info P.M. me.

Related forum threads

Login to post