GoKunming Forums

Sneak thief in bars

abcdabcd (428 posts) • 0

I was with someone who got his blackberry pickpocketed in a restaurant. not here. but the point is the pickpockets are masters at their craft. we didn't even notice anyone get close to us.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

ALWAYS notice "somebody getting close" - situational awareness (with a heavy dose of paranoia). Always look for the "doesn't look right" or "looks out of place" things. Most people see these things, briefly note it looks odd, then return to oblivion.

Thieves, terrorists, mass murderers, suicide candidates - all usually act quirky or look "out of place".

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

When someone here discribes an Asian person everyone always makes dumb... comments about the limited detail of description, we are living in Asia with mostly Asians around us so what do expect to read?

"A purple three headed leprechaun with a beanie hat and an alligator tail farting Mozart symphonies was seen stealing a cellphone."

Yes, we all know black hair, brown or black eyes and the occasional messy hair isn't very helpful to our American or European perception of hair, eyes and skin color. Seriously,....no I mean seriously what in your smart and all your vast wisdom would you funny guys use to describe.

The OP sent out a warning and it's probably the best you can do. Posting the "narrowing it down crap" is funny once, but every time? Come on! At least get more creative with your comments or just let it rest, it's getting old.

Writing about a tall blond bloke with blue eyes wouldn't work in most Nothern European and Soviet countries either....let's get over it.

@abcdabcd
Agreed, actually the only way to avoid theft, is to narrow their chances of opportunity. So make sure your belongings are watched or take em with you.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

Hi Cloudtrapezzer.

Installing video cameras isnt that expensive and it isnt intruding on personal rights.
Installing cameras actualy protect your customers..just post

I had surveilance cameras in my preformance cycling shop in Canada when the systems cost 10 000 $$, it was still worth it...form proving smash & grab break ins to kids lieing to the parents about the shop cheating on his layaway deposits.....

Related forum threads

Login to post