GoKunming Forums

What services are you expecting from an Inn?

nancyfox (4 posts) • 0

I just take over an Inn and wondering what services my expats friends are expecting. I will appreciate your advice very much.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Complimentary breakfasts - pastries or traditional Chinese breakfasts. Attentive and courteous staff - especially at the front desk - without being overly burdensome (aka nagging and annoying, always trying to upsell something and generally annoying me immensely).

HYGIENE - clean room, no bizarre smells - clean linen and bath towels - again, with no bizarre or moldy smells.

Good looking, professional behaving, FRIENDLY staff - they don't have to be movie stars - but well dressed (in hotel or inn uniforms), well behaved - no slouching or lounging around in public, spitting, picking teeth and or nose, smoking, etc - well disciplined.

Clean cozy bar and or restaurant. A family oriented place - with just a hint of @Chingis' tawdriness (in the bar).

Convenient (and hygienic and CLEAN) well maintained hotel transportation (aka limo service), just in case we can't get a taxi.

Complimentary/complementary Airport/Train/Bus station pickup and drop-off.

Well trained staff - and reasonable concierge services for the unfamiliar or novice travelers (where to eat, party/night life, buy souvenirs - and not get seriously ripped off, off-beat sights, etc).

And if you're targeting americans - DEFINITELY enforce the smoking/no smoking floors.

And for me - a well stocked winery and an excellent and well maintained humidor of cigars - especially cuban cigars.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

What do you mean when you say and Inn? Do you mean a small private hotel/hostel?

If so I expect the following at least:

Clean rooms and bed linen.

Kettle in the room to boil water.
Complimentary bottled water.

Clean toilet no smells.
Hot water early in the morning until late at night.
Fresh towels (washed with soap powder, not just rinsed in water)

Breakfast should offer western style. Bread, bacon, egg, fruit at a minimum. You can also offer noodles, Chinese style.
Real coffee is a bonus, or black instant coffee and fresh milk and sugar. BUT NOT the 3-in-1 crap instant coffee.

Helpful staff who speak English. No fresh faced English majors studying for a masters in mobile phone and texting.

Secure rooms.

Hotel doors open (or someone to open the door) until at least 1.30 am. I have been locked out before and had to sleep on a bench in Dali.

If you are aiming to get backpackers and travelers, being able to use a clothes washing machine is essential. You allow us to use the machine and we will wash our own clothes. A small extra fee is acceptable, maybe 10rmb.

beizhan (37 posts) • 0

Make sure that your hostel/Inn is a quiet place at night. Teach your staff to tell anybody who is yelling or playing majong after 10p.m in the courtyard to shut up!

Related forum threads

Login to post