GoKunming Forums

Visa Renewal, Medical Exam

Jade-Dragon (11 posts) • 0

Question,

Upon renewing your Visa in China, do you also have to retake the medical examination every 12 months?

1. Are all Visas (Student, Work, etc.) required to have a new medical checkup every 12 months?

2. Is there an expedited or cheaper way to get the medical checkup done, or does the entire procedure need to be totally redone?

Thanks

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

The process varies from place to place. While I've lived in Kunming, at that time i was getting my Z visa in Shanghai. There you only needed to do the medical check once, the first time you apply. However when I was in Xinjiang the medical check had to be completely redone every time.
Ive also only ever had tourist visas (no medical), and work visas (medical required at least once). I understand spousal visa also has no medical test requirement.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

When I lived in Beijing - it was required every year. Here - only needed the medical check the first year. Haven't been required to have a new one for the last two years. Don't ask, don't tell.

debaser (647 posts) • 0

i've needed a complete new medical check each year for my (working) visa. just heard that there's also a new rule that medical checks have to be done in your native country, prior to coming to China, for new Z visa applications.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I have always needed it for 'Z' visa/Residence Permit (RP) work and for RP family.

This was in Shanghai, and Kunming.

But in Kunming it is much cheaper than Shanghai, for same certificate valid in all China.

onlyone (156 posts) • 0

In Kunming if you done the medical Check and didn't leave the country till the time of renew it would be accepted .

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

When i converted my tourist visa last fall into a marriage resident permit i did not need a medical. Only need a medical for working visa?

tommann (423 posts) • 0

I am glad I had to get it. It revealed a rather serious health problem that I am now getting under control!

Related forum threads

Login to post