GoKunming Forums

National Parks in Yunnan

taejonwill (38 posts) • 0

I went to the Museum on the corner of Dong Feng Lu and We Yi Lu and found an exhibition of National Parks in Yunnan. Some of them were a joke. Dian Chi Lake. . . . .

And it seems like the idea of a Chinese park is not like the American idea. The Chinese pick out a nice area, but they don't set out any specific area to be left alone, but allow private property, logging etc to be carried out. Kind of the worst of both worlds. . .

Any way I copied down a list and wondered what are these places and how can you find them.

Ruili Jiang Da Yin Jiang National Park?
Xi Shaung Ban Na National Park?
Lijiang Jade Dragon National Park?
Jian Shui National Park?
Teng Chong National Park?
Stone Forest National Park?
Dian Chi Lake National Park??????
Jui Xiang National Park?
A Lu National Park?
Pu Zhe Hei National Park?
Dali National Park (saw a picture of Chicken Foot Mountain about 80 kilometers away from Dali)
Hanghe Han Ni National Park
Cheng Jiang Fauna National Park (pictures of fossils)

And now the more interesting places. . .

Lijiang Lao Jun Mountain

Gao Li Gong Shan Mountain

Ha Ba Snow Mountain

Lao Wo Mountain Hu Lake

Qian Hu Lake Mountain

Hang Shan Mountain

Yun Ling Mountain

Bai Mang Mei Li Mountain

Anybody been to any of these places? How do you get there? What are they like?

zlif23 (159 posts) • 0

i have been to:
Xi Shaung Ban Na National Park?
Lijiang Jade Dragon National Park?
Jian Shui National Park?
Jui Xiang National Park?
Stone Forest National Park?
Dian Chi Lake National Park??????
Pu Zhe Hei National Park?
Dali National Park (saw a picture of Chicken Foot Mountain about 80 kilometers away from Dali)
Cheng Jiang Fauna National Park (pictures of fossils)
Lijiang Lao Jun Mountain
Gao Li Gong Shan Mountain
i should say that all of them are very pretty. i think dian chi lake park means xi shan mt. park.
and some of your spelling is wrong: Jui Xiang should be jiu xiang, bai mang mei li mt. should be bai ma mei li mt.
ok, you know why our province name is yun nan? because we are at the south of yun ling mt.
have fun in yunnan.

taejonwill (38 posts) • 0

I checked the spelling carefully before I wrote them down. They came from museum exhibits, but of course the chinese characters would be more accurate. But Jiu Xiang and bai ma mei li mountain do sound like interesting places to visit.

WS
Kunming

Related forum threads

Login to post