GoKunming Forums

WWOOFing in China?

shannigans (3 posts) • 0

Has anyone had any experience WWOOFing in China? I'd like to know how the experience went for you, where you were located, and if you'd recommend it or not.

Thanks!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Unless shannigans means WFOE.
Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise.

Either that or a dog with a speech impediment.

Or consuming too much food at the Spring Festival dinner.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Or he could be referring to a subject matter that is totally inappropriate for the family oriented nature of this forum. Happy New Year!

(for those of you who can't tell, I am being facetious)

rosaa (9 posts) • 0

No personal experience here, but in China the network is very small - only a handful of farms. They decided to bend the rules a bit with the China organisation as it is a developing country and so being organic is not necessarily a prerequisite and sometimes they will charge you to stay and work. To me that was too far removed from the idea and there were no farms in areas I was interested in so I'm not doing it here. But if you do try one of the farms here it would be great to hear how it goes. Good luck.

wwoof china (1 post) • 0

Greetings!

WWOOF China has recently undergone a major website redesign and registration process that has increased the number of organic and non-chemical farms in the host directory. We have good feedback from WWOOFers as well about their experience.

wwoof china

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I have met several people who have been involved with this program and they were NOT happy with the results or the manner in which it was done.

www.wwoof.org/
www.wwoofchina.org/home/host-preview/

As you can see from the last website I provided, most of the host cities are in the north and east China. Also, see the locations, which are schools, cafes, and private homes.

This has nothing to do with farming, its all about politics and a few people who get suckered into slave labor. This is a great way to introduce GMO crops to farms that were previously organic.

War on Terror - Creates Terror
War on Drugs - Promotes drug use and drug trafficking.
War on Poverty - More poor people and less rich people.
Education - Head Start and now NO Child Left Behind - have produced more ignorant kids who can not pass a test and more juvenille delinquency.
Monsanto - The biggest lobby against food labeling.

Related forum threads

Login to post